Who Can Join
linkAges Community brings together people of all ages with diverse interests.
Members join for many different reasons; some of the most common include:
- Giving back to their community
- Getting help with everyday tasks and basic needs
- Making connections because they’re new to the area
- Sharing skills or hobbies and learning new ones
- Sharing resources and participating in a sharing economy
- Getting some support while caring for a loved one
- Banking hours for future needs
Currently linkAges Community is available in the San Francisco Bay Area. We’re growing rapidly and will be expanding to new areas soon! If you’re interested in learning how you can bring linkAges Community to your community, please contact us.
To join linkAges Community, you must be over the age 18 and complete a simple background check. There is no cost to join. Sign up today!
Organizational partners and members play a key role in creating strong linkAges Community hubs in each community. Organizations have two primary options for partnership or membership: outreach partner or program partner. See our current partners
Outreach partners are organizations who have an interest in promoting linkAges Community in their community. To help spread the word, organizations can:
- Provide space for community orientations
- Market linkAges Community through their communication channels like social media, electronic newsletters, posting flyers, mailings, etc.
- Encourage their employees, volunteers and clients or members to become linkAges Community members
As an outreach partner, you can create an organizational account on linkAges Community which allows you to interact with the general linkAges Community membership. Use your organizational account to:
- Promote the organization’s events on the community calendar
- Post requests or offers on behalf of your organization – get some help with an upcoming event or special project or connect your members with linkAges Community members.
Program partners are organizations who take advantage of linkAges Community group functionality by creating a public or private organizational group. Public groups are open to all linkAges Community members. Private groups are only open to linkAges members that you permit to join your group. You can use the groups feature to:
- Post requests or offers on behalf of the organization’s clients or members to further support member needs, facilitate connections and increase social support within the group
- Manage hours and member engagement through a customized partner dashboard
- Communicate with group members through the online forum
- Promote organizational events to group members by posting on the community calendar
- Incentivize volunteers with hours to increase engagement with their work/missions
linkAges Community will provide the following to organizational partners:
- Inclusion of organization name, logo and link to website on linkAges Community website
- Inclusion of organization name and logo in community presentations
- Training of linkAges Community support for organization staff and volunteers
- Customized orientations, as requested, for the organization’s clients or members
- Access to customized partner dashboard with real-time data for member activity
linkAges Community adds a unique value to health systems seeking to extend their impact as committed partners in supporting the health of the communities they serve. A partnership with linkAges provides a comprehensive, turnkey solution for a community-based intervention that has a real impact on population health and well-being.
Health systems implementing the linkAges Community develop new community relationships and are seen as innovators who address the impact of social determinants of health. The linkAges Community platform also supports healthcare priorities such as coordinated care and patient experience.
We provide all partnering health systems with a robust implementation package that includes software, strategy playbook, implementation toolkit and collateral, training and certification, and ongoing technical and implementation support.
To learn how you can offer linkAges Community in your region, please contact us directly.