linkAges is a system whose purpose is to activate community for successful aging, and is made available as a community benefit by Sutter Health-Palo Alto Medical Foundation (PAMF).
linkAges Community brings together people in the community to provide and receive neighborly services from one another. Use of the linkAges Community is limited to Members whose use of linkAges Community services is subject to specified terms and conditions.
Your privacy is important to us. This notice of Privacy Practices (“Privacy Practices”) explains linkAges and linkAges Community privacy and security policies and our procedures regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal information we receive from users of the linkAges System, including the following:
- What information we collect
- How the information is used
- How we secure the information we collect
The Privacy Practices may be updated from time to time, and all changes to the Privacy Practices will be posted on the linkAges and linkAges Community websites, which I will consult on a regular basis in order to remain current with the policies.
As used in this Notice of Privacy Practices, the terms “using” and “processing” information include using cookies on a computer, subjecting the information to statistical or other analyses, and using or handling information in any way, including but not limited to collecting, storing, evaluating, modifying, deleting, using, combining, disclosing and transferring information.
How We Collect Your Information
- Our primary goals in collecting information are to provide and improve the linkAges and linkAges Community Services, our Site features and content, administer your use of linkAges and linkAges Community Services and to enable users to enjoy and easily navigate the Site.
- When you register with us through linkAges and the linkAges Community to become a Member, we will ask you for personally identifiable information. This refers to information about you that can be used to contact or identify an individual (“Personal Information”). Personal Information includes, but is not limited to your name, age, gender, address, and your email address. We use your Personal Information mainly to provide linkAges and linkAges Community Services and to administer your inquiries.
- We also collect other Personal Information that you provide as part of your registration and for administration and personalization of your Account, including your needs and preferences, as well as services that you are willing to provide to others.
- In addition we may also collect information which on its own is not identifiable to you (e.g., zip code (“Non-Identifying Information”).
- If you are acting in a caregiver role on behalf of another individual, then we will also collect Personal Information about that individual. By providing any Personal Information related to that individual about whom you create a Beloved Profile, you agree that you have obtained the applicable and appropriate permission, releases and consents from such individual to the extent necessary to provide such individual’s Personal Information to linkAges and the linkAges Community as part of your use of the linkAges and linkAges Community Services.
How We Use Your Information
- We use your Personal Information (in some cases, in conjunction with your Non-Identifying Information) mainly to provide linkAges and linkAges Community Services, complete your transactions, and administer your inquiries.
- Certain Non-Identifying Information would be considered a part of your Personal Information if it were combined with other identifiers (for example, combining your zip code with your street address) in a way that enables you to be identified. But the same pieces of information are considered Non-Identifying Information when they are taken alone or combined only with other non-identifying information (for example, your viewing preferences). We may combine your Personal Information with Non-Identifying Information and aggregate it with information collected from other linkAges and linkAges Community Users (defined below) to attempt to provide you with a better experience, to improve the quality and value of the linkAges and linkAges Community Services, and to analyze and understand how our Site and linkAges and linkAges Community Services are used. We may also use the combined information without aggregating it to serve you specifically, for instance to deliver a product to you according to your preferences or restrictions.
- In order to foster community and to offer Services to other Members and request Services from other Members, certain information that you provide will be made available to other Members.
- In order to evaluate the impact and effectiveness of linkAges Community, and to seek improvements to the functionality and Services provided by linkAges and the linkAges Community, Personal and Non-Identifying Information provided by you will be used for evaluation purposes, and your information may be published to the public, as long as your identity remains anonymous where you cannot be personally identified, in any analyses or reports that are made available to the public.
You can instruct your browser to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. However if you do not accept cookies, you will not be able to log on as a registered user, and you will be limited to the functionality provided to guest users.
When you visit the Site, whether as a Member or as a non-registered user just browsing, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website (“Tracking Data”). This Tracking Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, operating system, the webpages you have visited, the time spent on those pages, access times and dates, and other statistics.
We use this information to monitor and analyze use of the Site and the linkAges and linkAges Community Services, for the Site’s technical administration, to increase our Site’s functionality and user-friendliness, and to better tailor the Site to our visitors’ needs.
We will retain the information you provide to linkAges and linkAges Community Services for as long as your Account is active or as needed to provide you with the linkAges and linkAges Community Services. We may retain and use the information you provide to the linkAges and linkAges Community Services, as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, and to enforce our agreements.
Changing or Deleting Your Information
All Members may review, update, correct or delete their Personal Information. If you delete all such information, then your Account may become deactivated. If you would like us to delete your Account in our system, please Contact Us to request that we delete your Personal Information from our database. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our linkAges and linkAges Community Services, to provide the linkAges and linkAges Community Services on our behalf, to perform Site-related services (e.g., without limitation– maintenance services, database management, payment processors, web analytics and improvement of the linkAges and linkAges Community Service features), or to assist us in analyzing how the linkAges and linkAges Community Services are used. These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement
linkAges and the linkAges Community cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of linkAges and linkAges Community or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity.
linkAges and the linkAges Community is very concerned with safeguarding your information.
How we protect your data
We have put in place certain safeguards to help prevent unauthorized access and to maintain data security, using industry standard practices. We employ reasonable physical, technological, and administrative security measures and attempt to ensure they are applicable under the circumstances.
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially-acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Should a breach of security happen, we undertake to do the following:
Respond quickly to protect the system from any security vulnerabilities or breaches. Notify any affected customers as soon as we understand the scope of the issue. Work to understand and fix the root cause of the problem to ensure that it never happens again. We will make any legally required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your unencrypted electronically-stored “personal data” (as defined in applicable state statutes on security breach notification) to you via email or conspicuous posting on this Site in the most expedient time possible and without unreasonable delay, insofar as consistent with (i) the legitimate needs of law enforcement or (ii) any measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system.
Identity theft and the practice currently known as “phishing” are of great concern to linkAges and the linkAges Community. Safeguarding information to help protect you from identity theft is a top priority. We do not and will not, at any time, request your credit card information, your login information, or national identification numbers in a non-secure or unsolicited e-mail or telephone communication. For more information about phishing, visit the Federal Trade Commission’s website.
Links to Other Websites
Our Site may contain links to other websites. If you choose to click on a third party link, you will be directed to that third party’s website. The fact that we link to a website is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. We do not exercise control over third party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information from you. Other websites follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personal information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
Contacting linkAges and the linkAges Community or Reporting a Problem
If you have any questions or concerns about these Privacy Practices, or seek to clarify or correct information that is held about you, please contact linkAges through the online Contact Form. If you feel your account may have been compromised, or you discover abuse or misuse of linkAges and the linkAges Community, please report it immediately on our Contact Form and we will investigate.